After an exciting Week 0, the dust is beginning to settle in Southern California as the high school football season is officially underway.
The top 10 poll hasn’t changed much. But with Orange Lutheran and Chaminade taking losses in Week 0, there are slight alterations.
Chaminade dropped out of the top 10 due to a loss to a fellow SCPL top 10 team, Oaks Christian, after a great battle in our SoCal Prep Legends Game of the Week.
Orange Lutheran suffered defeat to La Mirada, which has crept into the SCPL top 10 for now, but we’ll see how they size up against St. John Bosco in Week 1.
Along with La Mirada, Calabasas now enters the poll at No. 10.
Rank, school, record, most recent result, (next opponent, time)
- Mater Dei, 1-0, W 63-14 Bishop Amat (Mayfair, 7pm)
- St. John Bosco, W 1-0, 34-0 St. Xavier (OH) (at La Mirada, 7pm)
- Centennial (Corona), W 1-0, 56-49 Chandler (AZ) (IMG Academy (FL), 7:30pm)*
- Mission Viejo, 1-0, W 48-21 Santa Margarita (Oak Hills, 8:00pm)
- Oaks Christian, 1-0, W 65-55 Chaminade (St. Joseph’s Prep (PA) at Mission Viejo, 5pm)
- Long Beach poly, 1-0, W 27-20 Los Alamitos (Narbonne at Veteran’s Stadium, 7pm)
- Narbonne, 1-0, W 34-12 Serra (at Long Beach Poly, 7pm)
- Vista Murrieta, 1-0, W 20-9 Madison (San Diego) (Redondo Union, 7pm)
- La Mirada, 1-0, W 21-14 Orange Lutheran (St. John Bosco, 7pm)
- Calabasas, 1-0, W 46-28 Agoura (Salesian, 7pm)
Teams dropped out of top 10: Chaminade, Orange Lutheran
All games played on Friday Sept. 2
*= Game played on Sat. Sept. 3
Note: The Southern California News Group’s 11 properties are the Orange County Register, LA Daily News, Press-Enterprise, San Gabriel Valley Tribune, Long Beach Press-Telegram, The Daily Breeze, San Bernardino Sun, Daily Bulletin, Redlands Daily Facts, Whittier Daily News and Pasadena-Star News.